Total Pageviews

Thursday 13 June 2013

Why we give in to Temptation

I fail every day to my temptations of sorts. Getting up early and doing exercise would give me a healthy body but I give in to the temptation to be in the bed. Doing deep meditation everyday would give me great focus for my day ahead; I give in to temptation of day dreaming and distractions. Taking my work seriously in office would do wonders to my declining and stagnant career graph; I give in to the temptation of taking it easy. If I become stingy; I can get rid of all my loans and build a small fortune; I always give in to my temptations to spend.

I am not alone in my weakness against temptations. Sreeshanth allegedly gave in to temptation of making quick bucks in betting and so did Kundra, Shilpa Shetty and our beloved Vindu Dara Singh! Phaneesh gave in to temptation of carnal kind and the list is endless.

I close my eyes and try to imagine a world where humanity has control over its temptation. I open my eyes with shock. Imagine what would happen to world economy if citizens could not be tempted by the corporate? There would be no cigarettes, liquor, high end fashion outlets, coke, pepsi, smart phone wars on the high street. You would come across only life saving drug stores, organic unprocessed food stores and khadi outlets in city centre.
Temptation is probably nature's best tool to keep the wheel of samsara rolling. . If everyone starts waking up early; do exercise, meditation, have controlled and good diet and lead a very disciplined life; perhaps the life expectancy of the world would rise to 200 years. How would mother earth provide to this ever increasing population? If all the successful people never get distracted by temptation; would the underprivileged stand any chance to excel and succeed in this world? If the citizens of prosperous and well heeled countries do not become distracted by their comfort; would the third world countries ever get a chance to progress? Nature recycles the limited resources judiciously by the necessary evil, temptation.

No comments: